Thursday, November 24, 2005

Through the eyeballs of a prawn...

Finding it really hard to keep writing today...

Feel a bit down. Maybe it's because it's the day after my birthday. Maybe because I didn't want to move off that lovely percentile. Maybe it's because it's off-pay week. Maybe it's because I have two days left of my holidays. Maybe it's because there's a big hole in my entertainment unit where the television should be. Desperately fighting the urge to go off and watch Absolutely Fabulous instead of writing.

But I would really like to get past 40,000 words today. It's 3pm. And I'm aboutt to surrender the computer. I must be delusional.


Ever had a prawn's view of life? Well here it is, right through the eyeballs of the Big Prawn, Ballina.



My characters have just visited there and now they are at the Big Banana in Coffs Harbour. Maybe that's the problem. Kat and Alex are here in Coffs. I wish I could go have a drink with them. But maybe that's the answer to the block. Maybe I should go have a drink with them (although I'm not sure Kat's in a drinking mood at the moment. She's got a massive hangover.). Maybe I should write myself into the novel at this point. Yeah, why not? I can bump into them in Coffs somewhere.

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
35,195 / 50,000
(70.4%)

No comments: