Friday, November 04, 2005

The End

THE END

How satisfying is it to type those two words.

The Epilogue is finished. And Luke and Chloe have gone to Fiji.

Man, I am so jealous! Ten days in Fiji would go down real well at the moment. And one of my workmates today mentioned she has an upcoming trip to Fiji. Oh, well, I can only dream.

Making the Cut - in its entirety shitty first draft form

Zokutou word meter
109,253 / 109,253
(100.0%)





Okay summary of my writing - My first manuscript, Kissing Toads, took approx four years to write and stands at approx 80,000 words.

The second full manuscript, Making the Cut, took less than two years to write and stands at nearly 110,000 words.

Thank god for that - I'm getting faster, or more disciplined or something. These public challenges help.


And now for Nanowrimo.

Started today.

I have


Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
217 / 50,000
(0.4%)



Not even 1 % but it's a start.

My Nano track record:

2003 - 25,071 words - HOLD THE ANCHOVIES

set in a pizza delivery shop.

2004 - 38,000 word contribution to MAKING THE CUT


2005 - ????


But at least I've left the starter block.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I am trying Nano for the first time this year, and wouldn't you know it, my job has kept me late (very late) for most of the month. I have really only had a chance to write 3 nights so far and dont have much. Not going to make 50,000.

Good luck with your novel.