Friday, November 18, 2005

More than halfway there!

This is so exciting.


Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
25,165 / 50,000
(50.3%)



I'm over the 50% hump and well on my way to finishing Nano with 12 days left in the month.

And I'm on holidays for the next week. So lots of writing will be happening. Love the creative buzz.


But on the down side, I am giving up the evil Coke. It has to go. I've done it before. I can do it again. I have never given it up in the middle of Nano before. But there's always chocolate. So, I'm sure I'll be chomping down some painkillers to cope with the withdrawals and cursing that I ever drank the evil liquid. It's for the best.

I don't know how much transcribing I will manage to do, because I have to share the computer, but if I get up early enough I can transcribe in the morning, the prose I've written in bed the night before.

I wish my laptop was still alive. But it carked it a while ago. And then I won an auction for an Alphasmart on Ebay, and then the seller wouldn't reply to me. There was no way I was depositing the money into her bank account when she couldn't reply to a simple email. But I could really do with the Alphie now. Because I can type much faster than I can scribble on a page. And I could take the Alphie to bed with me and keep typing in bed. And it would keep me away from the evil black hole of the internet (everything is evil today!) Oh well, one day I may get an Alphie and a second computer!

No comments: