Monday, November 21, 2005

Do you like the new look?

I have a beautiful new template, thanks to Caz and I'm hoping that the gorgeous art work will inspire me more.

Not a lot of words written so far today, but the story is still flowing. I was up to 2am this morning doing boring accounting work before doing more of the same today for my father. But that is out of the way now, and I can concentrate on the story.

I can't write as a passenger in a car. Never been able to read or write due to motion sickness so it seems like a huge waste of a couple of hours. And I'm too self-conscious to dictate on my tape recorder. Plus, suprise -- my partner actually expects me to talk to him when we're driving somewhere.

However, I did a lot of composing in my head today while driving. So my aim this evening is to surpass the 30,000 word mark and beyond. But I've got to give up the computer again very soon, so once again, it'll be long hand.

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
28,675 / 50,000
(57.4%)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. You're ahead of me ;)

Writing and reading in the car has never worked for me, but the train is indeed beautiful to read on. There's this one spot at the end of the carriage on Sydney's newest model of train, where two rows of seats face each other. If the train isn't crowded, you can usually go there and read without distraction.

Sorry, I'm rambling :p