Friday, December 30, 2005

Aagh no internet access

What have they done to me? They have cut off my communication to the world.
Yes, my ISP has decided that I'm not to be on the internet at home at the moment and because things are so tight money wise there is nothing I can do about it.

The good thing about having no internet connection and no TV, aargh! is that I'm getting stuck into the writing. I have surpassed the 60k word mark now and hurtling towards the finish line. Have reread what I wrote in Nano and some of which will need to be rewritten. Especially the fact that Matt has morphed from drummer to keyboardist to guitarist but that's cool.

There'll only be sporadic updates here (with no piccies) as I need to go to the library to find a broadband connection. We only have one computer at work that allows us internet access and that's on dial-up so you are lucky to even pay one bill during a tea break. Sites such as blogger and blogexplosion are not accessible from my normal work computer! The forbidden zone.

Happy New Year everyone!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I feel for you without the internet. If it helps, here's a list of free wifi hotspots in Australia [you just need to take your laptop there and usually purchase a coffee or something to use their wifi]: http://www.wififreespot.com/aus.html

Happy holidays! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's gotta suck. But I guess when your left without the net as a distraction, the words come as they should.

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

You can blog from your mobile phone.

My Internet service is provided gratis. One of my sponsors has paid for that permanently. And it is almost perfect. We stopped using dial-up last year.

The good news is your novel and hopefully next year you will no longer be an unpublished chick, but a well published novelist with a brighter future.

Happy New Year and God bless you all the way.