Saturday, January 05, 2008

Day 10 of I'm with the Band.

Catch up post - Day 10 of 12 Days of ' I'm with the Band' was Friday!

Soon Kat will be away from hubby and back with the band. I can't wait!


Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
78,779 / 90,000
(87.53%)

It seems like it will never stop raining. After work yesterday, we stopped at the supermarket and stocked up for the weekend. It's a half hour drive into town for us, only 15 minutes to the supermarket but with this constant rain, there's a good chance that we will be cut off over the weekend. There's very little chance of our house flooding because it's a lot higher than the river but there are swimming pools in the driveway and the yard.

Here are photos from last August:


Somewhere beneath that water is a park. Can't even see the flood measurement sign in this photo.


And the alternative route to town:



The river has flooded again this morning, and while the other road to town is not yet cut, there is a lot of water on the road, and its still raining. So, it's likely that this afternoon we will be stranded.


It's cool! I have chocolate, I have Coca-cola, I have food and now I have no excuse but to write, write, write.
I may venture out later and take some photos.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Impressive flood pictures. Hope you don't get stuck in your house for long this time. Go slowly on the chocolate if you do. ;)