Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Nano Day 8

I've just realised its Week Two of Nanowrimo. Time to read Week Two of No Plot, No Problem and get my head into the headspace.

I managed to type a Nanoism tonight:

'I wipe the smile off my face. I can’t get too cocky. But somehow I think Dad will be putting his head in his pocket more often.'

I'm sure I meant to type hand in his pocket, but now I've got this interesting image of 'Dad' walking around with his head stuck down his pocket, much like an ostrich with his head in the sand.
I had a couple of Word War challenges with Di from Canberra. Didn't beat my personal best from last night. But with three challenges, I managed to increase my novel by another 2620 words, which I think is pretty good for a weekday. However my total word tally to be on track now should be 13,336 words so I'm still trailing at 10,560 words.

My Nanowrimo Report card says that if I keep up today's pace, I will finish on November 23rd. It also says that if I keep up Monday's pace (zero words), I will NEVER finish, and that's in a big beautiful red block just to rub it in.

Ah well, tomorrow is another day....and right now I need sleep.


Writers Mantra Journal available at The Chickollage Shop


No comments: