Monday, April 14, 2008

And the words just vanish!

I lost 844 words tonight. Actually more - I'd written 121 words during the day and when I tried to save the new 844 words to my flashdrive, it gave me grief and wiped the whole file instead. There is a copy of the file on my hard drive but only up to last night's writing.

Aargh!!!!

Cinderella's cursing me too! When I left her at the end of the 844 words, she was holding her new gorgeous baby in her arms and now - she has to go through the labour again. Well, not really - the scene I lost wasn't about her labour, it was about her husband's anxiety because he's just been busted! With his pants down. You get the drift. Prince Charming! Not quiet.

So it's back to recreating the scene. Perhaps the almighty critic of the universe had decided that it just wasn't right. The judgemental flash drive obviously didn't think much of it. But it would've been nice if they'd let me decide!

Back to work!

4 comments:

RoxiticusDH said...

Stopped by to vote for you in BotB and I feel your pain. It is almost as though computers can sense when you've just completed some of your best work and then they crash. I'm not sure this would have helped you and Cinderella, but I recently discovered a Free Blog Backup service and I backed up all of my blogs. Given that all of our Blogger/Blogspot blogs are subject to Google's whims, I was happy to find a way to backup all that content. I was so impressed I'm going to do a post on it one of these days at my new Roxiticus Best Blogs site. I have no idea how they are able to offer it for free, maybe they're counting on all of us clicking on ads while we check on our blog backups?

Cheers!
Roxiticus Desperate Housewives

Princess in Galoshes said...

Hi! I just voted for you in Battle of the Blogs, too. And I just had to say, I love the idea of the Almighty Critic. That could explain so much with all of hard drive crashes....

Sandie Hudson said...

Hey Miss Diane,

I'm in advoidence mode ATM, I'm still editing but needed a break. Missed you tonight, silly gmail. It is the first time I've had a problem with it, so I guess I've been lucky. Anyway have a great weekend, I'm sure we'll catch up at some stage.

Hugs
Sandie

new illuminati said...

The more I number the number I get
- Anon
see http://hermetic.blog.com