Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The MP3 Oracle

I found this one surfing Blog Explosion at Gritoland.

Turn your MP3 or Ipod on. Choose all your music and turn the player on random. (I don't know about you, but I always have my MP3 on random). Press forward to each question and use the song title to answer each question with your own comments added.

So this is my MP3 oracle:

1.How are you feeling today?
I need a Man - (Eurythmics)
Whoah!

2. Will you get far in life?
I Can't Stand the Way he says your name. (Chris Wilson)
Mmm, maybe not if I'm going to be jealous and judgemental.

3. How do your friends see you?
What about Me? - (Moving Pictures)
It isn't Fair, I've had enough now I want my share! Um, selfish bunch, aren't they?

4.Will you get married?
Whispering Your Name - (Alison Moyet)

No, I don't quite get the connection. Why would I be whispering? I thought we were supposed to speak vows. Not whisper.

5. What is your best friend’s theme song?
Face in the Mirror ....tells me I'm doing fine (Chris Wilson)


6. What is the story of your life?
What's Going On - (4 Non Blondes)

Yeah, this is pretty apt. I'm always wondering what's going on.

7. What was high school like?
Sweet Incarnadine - (Jane Siberry)
???????????
'the open sesame of a kiss' - although that wasn't with a high school guy

8.How can you get ahead in life?
Love Games - (bluehouse)

Playing love games didn't really get me ahead in life. It just brought me heartache so I think I'll pass on that bit of advice and draw a rune or a tarot card instead.

9.What is the best thing about your friends?
Magic - (Olivia Newton John)
...have to believe...

10. What is in store for this weekend?
Last Name - bluehouse
'By the way, I forgot to ask your last name. '
No, I don't think a one-night stand with a stranger is on the agenda but then again, number one was 'I need a man'!

11. To describe your grandparents?
Emptiness - (bluehouse) so much for shuffle)

Perhaps because all my grandparents have passed away.
'Maybe a good cry is all I really need. The emptiness of needing you.'

12. How is your life going?
The Angel and the Madman (Moving Pictures)
Angelic but crazy?

13. What song will they play at your funeral?
Bow River - (Cold Chisel)
Maybe Bow River is heaven.

14. How does the world see you?
Physical (Olivia)
Definitely not, I'm not an exercise person.
This is just getting silly now.

15. Will you have a happy life?
Desperado...waiting on a tram. (Chris Wilson)
I could be waiting for a long time, there are no trams here.

16. What do your friends really think of you?
Janelle (cold chisel)
what they think my name is Janelle? I've been called lots of names, not Janelle.

17. Do people secretly lust after you?
Hymn to Her (Pretenders)
- well they must then. "Let me inside you!'

18. How can I make myself happy?
(how come we changed to the first person????)
Bustin' Loose - Moving Pictures

So I should get stoned, drink, go all the way, be a crazy poet and a beauty queen? Maybe there's other ways to bust loose

19. What should you do with your life?
I Carry you with me (Heather Nova)

Carry who? Can't you walk?

20. Will you ever have children?
I believe (Marcelle Detroit)....not...


21. What song would you strip to?
Out of My mind (marcelle Detroit)
Um, it's a bit slow, but I suppose a slow strip could work.

22. If a man in a van offered you candy, what would you do?
I Want it All (Eurythmics)
Me, greedy? Never! But maybe it's a Cadbury van!

23. What does your mum think of you?
Janelle (cold chisel)
WTF? My mother thinks I'm Janelle too? is there something someone hasn't told me? am I adopted? And why does my MP3 repeat a song within 7 songs??????

24. What is your deep dark secret?
Brand New Day (Eurythmics)
Maybe my deep dark secret is my love of the Eurythmics???
'I won't be sad. I won't be destroyed.'

25. What is your mortal enemy’s theme song?
Some Girls (Racey)

!!!! 26. What’s your personality like?
When Tomorrow Comes (Eurythmics)
Okay, I've been busted. I'm a procrastinator. Like Scarlett O'Hara, I'll think about it tomorrow. Is this what this song is trying to tell me?

27. Which song will be played at your wedding?
Hymn to Her (again???)


So that's the oracle. It's fun playing, although I think I'd like to change some of the questions. Get a bit more specific, maybe adapt a tarot spread - the 12 house astrological spread could work well. I shall give it some thought.

And as for the song to be played at the wedding, the next song that played after 'Hymn to Her' was 'Shoot out at the Seven Eleven'. I guess that must be the honeymoon. I better cancel the wedding!

So if you choose to play the MP3 Oracle, leave a link in the comments so I can read your oracle. Have fun!

2 comments:

Evey said...

Hey there. That looks like a fun like thing to do. Perhaps I will do that this week sometime. I will let you know when I get around to it.

Hope you had a great weekend and good luck in the blog off this week:)

Anonymous said...

hey Hey quite happy to read yours even if we do not have the same Ipod content, always fun to read !!!