Saturday, July 29, 2006

On holidays

It feels so good to hang up the phone on Friday afternoon, walk out the door at work, and know you don't have to return for two whole weeks!

Yipee! And I've earned these two weeks.

But don't think I'm going to be sitting on my butt all day, stuffing my face and watching Ellen, Dr Phil and Oprah. I may spend some of it sitting on my butt, but I have much bigger goals to achieve.

  • I have to polish 20 pages of my novel for an editorial consultation (that's due Monday but then the consultation is more than a week away, so I can spend some time on the rest of it).
  • More collage poetry.
  • Create some business cards for Chickollage and add some more designs (see above)
  • Find some writing mojo at Byron Bay Writers' Festival - and eat, drink and have fun!
  • Give up coke (the liquid, not the powder). This one was supposed to start today, but I weakened after several hours of shopping past the evil caffeine hour. But it's been 5 hours now. I wonder if there is a Coca-Cola Anonymous?
  • write some more of Hold the Anchovies
  • create a 2007 diary on Publisher
  • take some scenic photos around the local area
  • update all my blogs including the collage poetry blog, and Diary of a Mad Cat as Dorkus is feeling neglected
  • learn the basics of Photoshop and Frontpage
  • reconnect with some old friends and family

The other goal is to win lotto tonight, so I don't have to go back to work in two weeks, but I guess that one is completely out of my control!

No comments: