Sunday, July 13, 2008

Work Life Balance

I'm on the countdown to my holidays - just four days of work before I'm on holidays so I guess I'll be pretty restless this week. But first of all I have to give a training presentation at work on Tuesday, as part of my application to be in the training team.


Now this is already interfering with my work/life balance because it's so busy at work, there's no time for any preparation during work hours, so today will be spent preparing for the presentation.


Here is one of the images I plan to use in the presentation. I also plan to make the participants play a card game matching the person with the type of aged care they require, the type of fees they will have to pay and other variable factors of aged care.


But meanwhile the other stuff is on the back burner, much as I hate it. I need to do something massive today to stay on Writer Island - 15 pages of editing, and the house is mocking me. I have to do housework. But I'm still in my pajamas. Procrastination really wants to take hold but surely I let her have her way yesterday.
So I need to get with the program: get off the net and start working on the stuff I have to do.
Then after Tuesday I can relax, and concentrate on the writing again.


2 comments:

Ishani said...

work life balance is an elusive concept but definitely a necessity in today's hectic age. This article at http://outsorcerer.com/blog/?p=16 explains how and why a work life balance is important.

Rachael Blair said...

Ooohh... is it gonna be a writing holiday? By the way... LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic!